In

Valerie Hegarty

Many of you may be wondering who this all important "Valerie Hegarty" is. Well I'll tell you the story. It was a cold autumn day at school. I was busy working on my art project when I came across the artist Valerie Hegarty. With the name in common (middle name) I decided to check her out!

When I first saw her work I fell in love. I don't even know how to describe it..... It's just amazing!! My theme is nature and her work fitted my theme perfectly. In fact I'm annoyed that I didn't come across her work sooner rather than later. Her work involves many frames and pieces of work that she's made to look decayed. Here are a few of her pieces:
Woman in White, 2012
(Canvas, acrylic paint, paper, glue, foil, foam, wire, artificial foliage and flowers, sand, thread)


Flower Frenzy, 2012
(Canvas, acrylic paint, paper, glue, foil, foam, wire, artificial foliage and flowers, sand, thread)


 Frame with Branches and Barks, 2012
(Stretcher bars, wood molding, paint, glue, canvas, paper, wire, aluminium foil, tape, plastic, sand)


West Rock with Branches, 2012
(Wood, wire, epoxy, archival print on canvas, acrylic paint, gel mediums, sand, glue, hardware)


Ghost Ship, 2012
(Canvas, stretcher bars, acrylic paint, foam, glue, paper, sand, gel mediums)



Sinking Ship (Large Clipper Ship), 2012
(Canvas, wood, paper, fabric, glue, acrylics)

For Valerie Hegarty, the joy of her work lies in the destruction rather than the making. In some of her pieces Valerie Hegarty theatrically reconstructs masterpieces made from foam-core, paper and wood.
Her style of work may not be everyone's 'cup of tea' but I just wanted to share this artist with you so that you can learn a bit about the artist and also a bit about me and what I like :)

PSALM 63:3

-JVA


Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment