In 90s Fashion Trend

Back To The 90s

I T ' S  F I N A L L Y  J U N E

For today's post I wanted to show you guys three outfits that show my interpretation of the "90s" trend that's going around. I decided to go for a bit of a subtle 90s look for the outfits and I may do a full on 90s outfit blog post in the future. This is for those of you who want to add a little bit of "90s" into their outfit. I used the least aesthetically pleasing part of my garden to give the overall picture a bit of an edge. Yep, that's the only reason aha.










For this outfit, the main item is the flannel (checkered/ plaid shirt)- whatever you want to call it, that I got from a thrift store. I prefer oversized flannels so that I have the option to wear it by itself or layer it over various clothing items. If you're looking for a thrift store in London I recommend "The East End Thrift Store". There is just so much available and they also do these amazing deals so for example there was a day when my friend and I went and they gave free fur coats to the first 10 people in store. Whenever you go there, you could put as much as you want into one of the bags that they gave you and it would only cost £10!! So obviously I tried my hardest to fit as many items of clothing I could into one bag and ended up going home with 2 amazing denim jackets and loads of other goodies.

My cat is so photogenic!! Am I right or am I right? 


Another 90s item is the shoes because they are double soled which is what many 90s kids probably wore as the double sole enables the shoe to last longer. Apart from that, it was also a huge staple item at that time and today it has come back.



Many people wore Dr Marten style shoes for work so if you for example were in the construction business you probably wore these kind of boots as they are strong and durable. Young people started to create a new trend called "grunge fashion" which consisted of Dr Martens, flannel shirts, combat boots, band T-shirts and oversized jumpers. Today you can get them in so many different colours and they are just cool to add a bit of colour to your outfit if they are bright like mine or to give off that 90s vibe. 




A band jumper always makes you look like you have an appreciation for good music and if it's oversized, it gives of an effortless look.




The denim jacket- I'm sure you've all seen people wear this around. I believe this instantly makes your outfit look edgy and gives off that rock vibe.










Finally, this look can be for the days when you don't really feel like putting that much effort into your outfit. This oversized Arctic Monkeys band tee instantly puts life into your outfit due to the big 'in your face' logo. 

Tip- Don't listen to what they say, oversized clothes lookgood!!


JOHN 16:33

-JVA

Related Articles

31 comments:

  1. I love the third outfit, I really like the Arctic Monkeys tee - I've wanted one for ages!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) my sister got it for me so I don't know where its from :(

      Delete
  2. I love the outfits! Your cat is cute too! haha. www.coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love your 90's inspired outfits! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sweater is so nice ;)

    Bisous from France,
    *-* Sand. *-*

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these outfits girl! Really like the denim jacket xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yeah my denim jacket is my favourite clothing item x

      Delete
  6. I always love 90s fashion <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of them! Very chic outfits <3

    http://insidethebworld.mk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely outfits! 90's grunge is my favourite look x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!

    http://www.bonaupetite.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks perfect!

    Alice Cerea,
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    Join this new blogger network, I'm waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cat is super photogenic! Lovely post x

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool outfits! and the photos looks great! :)

    Love Peace and Shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  13. great edgy looks!
    xx
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh the Dr Martins and thick heavy jaket (with no tailoring whatsoever). Those were the days!!! You nailed the 90's perfectly!!!

    Megan || www.ohheyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool!

    xxx Linsey from POSE-BLOG.com

    You can also check my BLOGLOVIN & FACEBOOK if you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE these looks. So simple yet so cute!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this look book. your cat is so photogenic, too haha ;-)

    http://haileylauderdale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like all three of the outfits. I think a denim jacket is an esential piece for the 90s. Great post. Keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your pics!

    Alice Cerea,
    BABYWHATSUP.COM

    Join this new blogger network, I'm waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete