In Skincare Summer

Summer Skincare Products

Hello there, now I know that I said that I was going to be posting a lot more frequently but I promise that I have a very good explanation for this. I was on holiday. I had a really good time but I'm also happy to be home especially because I now have internet to be able to publish blog posts and...well Netflix aha. I thought I'd do a blog post on the products I've recently been using on my skin. I value skincare products a lot more than makeup and a lot of other things so I figured "why not do a whole blog post about it?". It is very important to look after your skin especially during the summer when your skin is prone to prematurely age, get dry and just overall breakout.





Simple: Kind To Eyes- Eye Makeup Remover


At the end of the day, no matter how lazy or tired you may be, it is very important to remove the makeup you've been wearing on your face all day with a gentle but effective makeup remover. Since eye makeup is the only kind of makeup that I wear, I only have an eye makeup remover and this one by Simple is truly amazing! It makes your eye makeup come off easy and it's not too harsh on your eyes. As you can see by the bottle, I clearly need a new one aha and despite that the contents of this bottle has nearly reached the end of it's life, I just want to stress how long-lasting it is. This lasted me for AGES and I mean AGESSS.


Gilly Hicks Sydney- Cammeray Petal Body Mist


Sorry for the pretty beaten up looking bottle ( I've had it for a year and have literally taken it with me wherever I go) The Cammeray Petal scent is so fresh making it the perfect scent for summer. Now I'm sure you've all heard of the "beach scent", the fresh one that you naturally get whilst at the beach after you've been in the water a few times. The one that you would imagine all actresses in beach movies would have. That one so called unattainable scent? Yeah well it's here, it's real and it's this one.


Simple: Kind To Skin- Hydrating Light Moisturiser


Anything by the company " Simple" does wonders for your skin. The products are not only cheap but also effective. This particular moisturiser is perfect as it's not too heavy on your skin and it makes your skin feel smooth and hydrated.


Nivea Lotion- For dry skin


This lotion is especially great for the summer as that is when one gets very dry skin so if you get the "enriched for dry skin" lotion then it will leave your skin feeling "silky smooth"- cliché but very true. Yay for no more dry skin after having been in the water guys!


Nivea: Cashmere Moments- Cream Shower Oil


Nivea's new formula gives you a, what I can only describe as,  relaxed and beautiful scent. The fact that it's a Cream Shower Oil means that it's not too harsh on your skin like most shower gels and doesn't really wash away your all-important skins natural oils.


Garnier: Light & Silky- Sun Cream


I've had this sun cream for ages and boy does it work wonders alright. Sun cream usually appears a blue colour on my skin or the skin of women of colour but this one doesn't. When rubbed into your skin enough it leaves it smooth but not sticky and you just know that the sun's rays will not affect you because you're protected. I truly recommend sun creams by Garnier.


Boots Essentials: Eye Gel


I can tell you that this eye gel really does work and after a few weeks of using it, the gel brightens and freshens your skin because the cucumber in it revitalises and subtly lightens it. It also reduces swelling and puffiness around your eyes.


Simple: Kind To Skin- Refreshing Facial Wash Gel


I normally use this face wash gel on the days when I don't use an exfoliator on my face and your skin really does feel refreshed after you've used it. This is a light and quick way to cleanse your skin.


The Body Shop: Coconut Cream Body Scrub


3 words, 13 letters
This. Is. Amazing
This honestly works so well! I've been on the hunt for the perfect body scrub for a while now and when I saw this on offer on the ferry back to England after my holiday, I thought "why not?" I have always heard that coconut is very good for your skin so as a scrub? Thank you very much I will :)
The first thing I said when I opened the tub was "Yum!" and now obviously you can't eat the stuff but it smells soo good too!


Garnier Skin Naturals: Fresh Radiance Boosting Scrub


This has got to be the best facial scrub that I have ever used! It does exactly what the product says it does- "revitalises and purifies dull and tired skin". I get immediate results whenever I use this product. This product really boosts my confidence particularity in the morning because of the natural glow that it gives my face.


Jeremiah 32:17


-JVA

Related Articles

9 comments:

  1. Amazing post!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the brazillian nut body shop body sccrub and i LOVE IIIIT! I was actually surprised by the fact I liked the smell but it just smells like cocoa with a slight undertone of a nutty scent and... it just smells GOOD!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now want to get that petal body mist, it sounds gorgeous!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the garnier scrub!

    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! This eye gel sounds awesome, definitely going to get my hands on it! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too bring an eye cream out in the summer because that's the (only) time when I get puffy eyes and the product is very much needed. Have a nice day and I hope to see you on my blog :) xx Maja
    ❤ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've never tried any of this but i always hear good things about simple :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE anything Body Shop!!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete