In Autumn Fashion RECENT BUYS

The East End Thrift Store

Hey guys!!

So I recently went to the 'East End Thrift Store' which is a thrift store in London where they provide you with a bag and you can fit as many things into it as you possibly can and guess what...its only £10!! So if you're an amazing packer then this is perfect for you! Throughout the year they also have amazing deals such as the first 10 people in store get to fill a bag for free or receive a free faux fur coat- that reminds me, I am in great need of a really good faux fur coat for Autumn aha. I've taken some photos of the clothes that I got and wanted to show you guys!








#1

This is so oversized but that is exactly what I love about it. You can wear it as a shirt or over an outfit so it's perfect for layering and this time of year.


#2


#3



#4



#5

Flannel, checked shirt, plaid shirt, or whatever you want to call it. Everyone loves a good flannel, am I right or am I right? I nearly had a heart attack because of the amazing array of flannel shirts. There were just so many!! It was so tempting to fill a bag with flannels alone, nothing else.


#6

This is honestly such a nice, soft and cosy jumper- I've literally worn it nearly all week! I was a little worried about the neckline as I don't really like wearing anything low cut and especially at this time of year when it's getting a little chilly outside. I also didn't really like V-necks in general so buying this was a huge step. Honestly I just thought 'well I still have space in my bag so why not?' But to my surprise, the neckline wasn't too low and I've actually grown to love V-necks.

What I'm trying to say is that there's room for you to experiment with your style a little. Why not go and fill your bag with clothes that you never thought you'd wear or never thought would suit you and see what happens. You wont feel too bad because if you, for example, fit 7 items in your bag you've technically spent around £1.50 per item of clothing- Isn't that amazing!?


#7

With this shirt, I wanted to be a bit more adventurous with my choice of colours and after having tried this on, I've grown to love it.

A few tips on going to thrift stores:
  • Wear a rucksack!! This is honestly soo soo important. You need to have your hands free when rummaging through the huge piles of clothing.
  • Don't wear too many layers of clothing- there are changing rooms available for you to try stuff on so it just saves time
  • Don't wear thick coats, big wooly hats and scarves etc. - It gets quite warm in there once you start going and it'll make it easier for you to try clothes on over your clothes too.
These are just a few things that I've learned from experience and I don't expect you to use these tips although you can if you want to.

There are so many amazing good quality clothes in there but, on the other hand, also a few that have rips or stains on them so you'd need to spend a little while looking at everything properly. I totally recommend this store for anyone who loves fashion and saving money. Since I am now at Uni I will be going there a lot aha. When I first heard about it, I honestly didn't believe the whole 'bag for £10' thing but it's true so why not take advantage of it?



Matthew 6:34




-JVA

Related Articles

9 comments:

  1. I have never been to a thrift store before but they sound amazing!

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. I adore your style so much! It's super chic!
    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love charity shops too !!! check out my blog https://eralissa.wordpress.com

    Have a great day <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been meaning to go to this, it's so good how many clothes you can get for just a tenner! Thanks for the tips as well, I'll definitely bare them in mind!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab finds here, and its so good that you can get a bag full for just £10!

    Viva Epernay ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's so cool, i was just in london and i wish i knew about this!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This. Sounds. AMAZING!
    Definitely right up my street!

    Frenchy xx
    my blog - www.frenchysfancies.com

    ReplyDelete