In Inspiration

Happy New Year


I cannot express to you guys just how ridiculously excited I am to start afresh and really change certain aspects of myself. Do you have any New Years resolutions? Now I would usually call myself a "realist" which I initially thought was the right one out of (realist, pessimist and optimist). Being a realist means that I see things for how they really are, it's safe. But in this new year I want to be an "optimistic realist" if there is such thing. If there isn't then... I  guess I just created something new aha. Anyway, in me striving to be an "optimistic realist", I still want to see the world as it really is but I also want to not give up but to believe that things will always somehow get better even though it may seem impossible.

So, for my first blog post in the year 2016, I wanted to share a list of 4 things that I want to accomplish for this new year. I won't be sharing any personal resolutions but just more general ones:

No.1 Write More

Now I know for sure that I am not the best writer out there and, this year, I really want to work on developing my own unique writing style that I can use to communicate my thoughts and for people to know that it is my writing. I'm not saying that not everyone can write, I believe everyone can write in their own way but some just find it more difficult to portray what they are trying to say. It's about getting the reader to feel what you feel. I have honestly got so many thoughts on the world, freedom, society etc. and I want to share these with you guys.

No.2 Work, Work. Work

I'm in my first year of uni and I am just so incredibly grateful to be here so I want to work really really hard to do well and just create a very good future for myself. Work really does pay off so I encourage you guys to try your best in everything you do. If you find it hard, find ways to motivate yourself into getting some work done for example, giving yourself rewards each time you accomplish something or the fact that if you work hard, you'll get your dream job and maybe even that dream car?

No.3 Always See The Good In Others

This is one that I have struggled with a lot and I really want to overcome it. No one is completely evil, some just lash out at others to hide how they're really feeling which may be hurt, scared or alone. Yes, not everyone is going to be nice, that's life, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be a nice person. Sometimes the mean people just need someone to be friendly to them and that's all it takes for them to change. Now I'm not saying that I'm going to be a doormat (let people walk all over me), but I'm saying that I want to be a beneficent person who people can come to if they need someone to talk to. Should people take advantage of this, then I guess I would have to tell them straight aha but of course without starting any unnecessary drama.

No.4 Strive To Be Different

In the past, I used to "follow the crowd" just to fit in and this became the norm. But recently I've come more out of my shell and although I may have felt very exposed at the time, I've learned that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of you. Now, I constantly find myself doing things that may be considered "different" but in this way, I have met new people who are like me and I can be myself around. Being different makes you stand out and this makes you have a bigger impact in the lives of the people who you surround yourself with. I want to leave my fear of being ordinary in 2015 and, I want to strive to be different.


As I look back at the year 2015, I  come to the realisation that I have accomplished so much and come so far. No, the year was not perfect and I came across so many situations where I didn't react the way I should have, but this turned into a learning curve for me. I'm excited for what 2016 will bring and so should you!

You may be part of the majority who may wonder why in the hell I've inserted an image of a blank wall with the words "PLEASE ADD GRAFFITI" or you may be part of the minority who get exactly what I am attempting to portray. Either way, I will explain this. I first saw this image on tumblr some time ago and just found it really cool but I recently found it again and this time it spoke to me. When I see this image, it reminds me of a blank slate, a fresh start. Throughout the year 2016, this wall will become filled with beautiful but also not so great art. But either way this wall will be filled and everything on it will become memories. It is this that makes us human, the fact that we are not perfect. The text on this wall also dares you to go out and try new and exciting things no matter what may happen. In other words, it's telling you not to live a safe and boring life just to avoid damage, but an exciting one where, in the end, this wall will be filled until there's no more space for anything else. Then you can go through life with no regrets.


Isaiah 43:19


-JVA

Related Articles

1 comments: