In LIFESTYLE

Skating At Somerset House

S O M E R S E T  H O U S E

After having heard so many amazing things about it, I thought that January is a good time to go. This is just because the place will be less crowded since most people would have gone just before Christmas because well...Christmas vibes! But I can tell you guys that it still feels like Christmas but just less crowded which made the whole experience probably a lot less nerve wrecking. I had such a great time there so I wanted to share my experience with you guys :) For those of you who don't know, Somerset House is a big neoclassical building in central London and most people don't know that you can not only, ice skate there, but also attend art exhibitions, family workshops, fashion shows and so much more! Although the ice rink may now be closed until later on in the year, there are so many other events you could go to that are held in Somerset House right at this moment.


When I saw the sign, great excitement immediately filled me from the inside out and I was smiling way too much. I was ready to get on the ice.

This is the view you get as you first walk through the, somewhat tunnel-like, entrance. It looks and feels like a little Christmas village.

This huge and magnificent tree greets you as you enter.


Parents, friends, family and others can watch while drinking a steaming cup of coffee as you glide on the ice. The whole atmosphere truly is spectacular. 


On arrival, we handed our bags in and traded our shoes for skates.


Although at first I was a little scared of falling, I soon managed to let go of the rail that I was holding unto for dear life aha. Before I knew it, I was skating without holding on and, best of all, I didn't fall. Not once.


Jacket: Forever 21
Jumper: H&M
Skinny trousers: H&M


After we had finished, I wanted so desperately to get back on the ice...


...but sadly it was time to get our shoes and head back to reality.


Skate at Somerset House presented by: Fortnum & Mason


At the end of an amazing night, my friends and I went cycling in central London using the city's Santander bikes and then went to Oxford Street where we bought these delicious waffles. It's become a little tradition of mine that I always go to the same waffle cart to get these yummy waffles when going to Oxford street. These waffles are simply the best.

MATTHEW 5:16

-JVA

Related Articles

16 comments:

  1. Those waffles look AMAZING

    Lauren | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Amazing experience
    Love your blog. Visit mine if you want
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had such great time skating at the Somerset House. Love it there x

    http://thelondonthing.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great place! I had a great time there too!

    http://www.alovelystyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try and skate at the somerset house one day! It looks really nice.

    http://www.sephira.dk
    (skincare giveaway is 'live' right now until February 14th)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great time! Love the snaps

    Xx,

    || Floortjeloves ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lot of fun! :)

    kawellkasell.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seriously terrified of skating! You look like you had a great time.

    -Shannon
    www.onthelists.com
    www.twitter.com/onthelists

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great blog you have here! :) Love all the articles! :) x
    Helena
    http://www.ilenczfalva.com
    https://www.instagram.com/helena_de_ilenczfalva/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great time!
    -Morgan x
    www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like so much fun! I am such a big lover of London and I've never been...what the heck is wrong with me!? xx adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like so much fun and so beautiful! Glad you had such a good time!

    xx, Caitlin
    www.wandererandwolf.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photos!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.facebook.com/floortjeloves

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those waffles look amazing :(

    www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete