In Inspiration

The Women's March

Happy VERY belated new year!! Yes, I am one of those people who will most likely still say "happy new year" to you if I still haven't seen you this year haha. Despite already being flooded with uni work, I've come back for you guys and already have a range of blog drafts that will hopefully get me started for this new year.

I had an original blog post that I was going to publish today about the "Dolce & Gabbana men's show" but I thought I wanted to make my very first post of 2017 about something that really means a lot to me (not that I don't also love Dolce & Gabbana aha!)
Back to the actual reason for this post, I wanted to comment on the women's marches that have been taking place because of Trump. Unfortunately I was not able to go to one of the marches but, because of social media, I had the pleasure of watching (and reading) all about it from the little rectangle I carry around in my pocket all day everyday.
There are so many encouraging photo's and art to do with the "Women's March" pretty much everywhere so I thought I'd compile a few and put them into a blog post. 

What we, as women, are fighting for is soo soo important and I strongly believe that we need to make our voices heard. The women's march proves that, despite our differences, we are all human and we can all come together to stand up for ourselves. 


I even had the wonderful opportunity to have my poem about the Women's March and my artwork featured in an online magazine called "Local Wolves" so peep that on page 29 ;) Their latest issue is also based around the Women's Marches and this post was inspired by that so please check our their amazing magazine! :)


"BOY, BYE."

Let us all come together because we refuse to be divided,
We must fight for what is right, we must stand united,
Whatever skin colour, whatever sexuality,
We are one and we stand in solidarity.

Anything that threatens to come against us
and anything that stands in our way,
Will not affect us in any such way.

We have the power to determine our future
and the future is great,
We will not be shaken
and we will not be afraid.
-JVA

"YOU AIN'T SEEN NASTY YET"

"THEY TRIED TO BURY US. 
THEY DIDN'T KNOW THAT WE WERE SEEDS."

"NOT MEIN FÜHRER." trans. "NOT MY LEADER."

"RESPECT EXISTENCE OR EXPECT RESISTANCE."

"OUR DAUGHTERS' DAUGHTERS WILL ADORE US."

"WE HAVEN'T WON UNTIL WE'RE ONE."

"HISTORY IS WATCHING US."

Although the reasons behind the Women's March are very serious, I couldn't help but insert the photo below because it honestly made me laugh a little. Can't wait for season 2!!

"TRUMP TOOK BARB."

"THE FUTURE IS STILL FEMALE."


Disclaimer: I do not own any of these images



PROVERBS 4:23




-JVA

Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. Your contents are always so cool!


    Alice Cerea
    babywhatsup.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blogpost! The topic is so important and it's great that you're writing about it :)

    What about following each other on bloglovin? <3

    Caro x
    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) It definitely is!- we need more people to talk about it! and sure :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for writing about such an important subject!

    http://misshoneyashleigh.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read through this post! x

      Delete