In Fashion Inspiration

Primary Colours

As a black woman, I constantly get told to "wear more colour". Being a lover of black, white, and grey, this idea did not come easy to me. A few weeks ago, the phrase "you should wear more colour" became more and more frequent to the point where I bought an item of clothing in the colour yellow  (a colour I had not worn since I was 13), just to get everyone to stop telling me to wear colour. So I bought it and...I loved it. I instantly saw that everyone was right. I saw that colour not only complimented my skin tone, but made me feel good about myself too. It empowered me and quite literally brightened my day. Of course I know that not all colours suit me but I thought I'd start with primary colours.
For this blog post I wanted to inspire you to wear more colours because it really does brighten your day. I'm taking it back to the basics.

B L U E
The colour of the sea and sky. Often associated with depth and stability.

#1
R E D
The colour of fire. Often associated with strength, determination, power, and love.

#1


#5
Y E L L O W
The colour of sunshine. Often associated with happiness, joy, and energy.

#1


#5

G R E E N
The colour of nature & life. Often associated with growth, harmony, freshness, and saftey.

#1
Bardot off-the-shoulder batwing top // Urban Outfitters 

#2

#2


MATTHEW 19:26

-JVA

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment